CFA is one of the leading providers in the UK of cultural heritage services to the renewables sector – windfarms, overhead power lines, underground cables, hydro schemes, and biomass.
We currently provide our expertise to many of the major renewable energy companies operating in the UK, including Scottish and Southern Energy, Scottish Power, now Vatenfall, Npower renewables, RES, West Coast Energy, Wind Prospect and Natural Power, and we have a portfolio of successful contributions to well over 100 renewables projects ranging from major onshore windfarms, e.g. Crystal Rig (86 turbines), Dun Law (61 turbines) and Whitelee (140 turbines) to small-scale and single turbine developments.
Our work has included a range of developments such as mixed use masterplan developments, business parks, landfills, windfarms, overhead power lines, opencast coal mines, and pipelines.
We receive a considerable amount of repeat business from our existing clients, and believe that you also will benefit from our expertise and cost-effective approach to conducting EIA cultural heritage studies that suit your requirements and fulfil all legal and planning requirements.
We have provided cultural heritage contributions to a range of high profile development proposals in recent years, such as:
- Edinburgh Tram Line 2, for Faber Maunsell on behalf of tie ltd
- Edinburgh Airport Rail Link, for ERM on behalf of tie ltd
- Glasgow Airport Rail Link, for Faber Maunsell on behalf of SPT
- Barvas Wind Farm, Isle of Lewis, for Lewis Wind Power
- Granton Waterfront, Edinburgh, for Ove Arup on behalf of Waterfront Edinburgh Ltd
- Winchburgh Development Initiative for Environ on behalf of Cala Homes
For more details of our consultancy services, please contact our
Consultancy Sector Head, Tim Neighbour
Phone: 0131 273 4380