July 2022 UPDATE
WE ARE CURRENTLY RECRUITING
Senior Heritage Consultant
Musselburgh, East Lothian or Leeds, West Yorkshire
Salary: £33,000 to £38,000 (DOE + benefits)
Apply before: 15th August 2022
CFA is currently looking to appoint a Senior Heritage Consultant (full time, permanent) to join our consultancy team either at our Musselburgh office in Scotland or at our office in Leeds, West Yorkshire. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with the requisite skills and competencies to join our organisation and become an integral part of a committed consultancy team. You will be contributing to the design and delivery of both new and existing projects across the UK and will help to develop and expand our business portfolio. The work involves desk-based assessment, field surveys and drafting of cultural heritage impact assessment reports (including EIA Report chapters). Other aspects of the role, to which you will be expected to contribute, include day-to-day management of multiple projects, provision of effective advice to developers and other project design team members, day-to-day liaison and communication with development design teams, and the provision of post-submission support services (including Appeal and Public Inquiry work). Key business sectors include renewable energy, utilities, transport, housing and masterplans, commercial developments, and extractive industries.
Successful criteria include:
- Education to degree-level in relevant discipline (e.g., Archaeology / Heritage Management).
- Proven heritage consultancy experience.
- Understanding of the guidance, planning, and legislative frameworks in the United Kingdom that apply to management of the cultural heritage resource.
- Knowledge of British archaeology and of monument types.
- Ability to provide effective and reliable, up to date heritage advice to clients and colleagues with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to produce written reports of a consistently high quality.
- Full, valid, UK driving licence.
- CIfA membership, ideally at MCIfA level, or a commitment to apply for membership following appointment.
Benefits of working at CFA include:
- Competitive remuneration (above CIfA minima) with annual review.
- Overnight subsistence and travel costs paid (compliant with all current Govt and industry guidance).
- Weekend accommodation provided where applicable.
- Basic 28 days annual leave (including public holidays), rising with continuous service.
- Generous weekend working compensation when required.
- ‘Time off in Lieu’ for overtime including travel time.
- Generous company sick pay, after qualifying period, and occupational health support.
- Paid for / supplied fully compliant PPE etc.
- Employer contribution to auto-enrolment pension scheme of 6%.
- Profit distribution scheme.
- CIfA membership subscriptions paid in full.
- Performance Reviews and CPD supported via appraisals and personal access to HR portal.
- Professional training, including H&S, Skills & Technical, GDPR, First Aid.
- Relocation support where applicable.
- Cycle to work scheme.
For further details please check out the link below:
Please apply with an application covering letter and a CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Senior Consultant SC0822‘ in the subject line no later than close of business on 15/08/2022.